Young Professionals Visa

Book your Work Canada Young Professionals experience today!

Book Online

At a Glance




Up to 24 months



Request Callback

Calling all Young Professionals! Looking for some career related international experience after graduating or looking to gain some industry experience in your work field? Already been to Canada on an IEC working holiday visa and looking to head back? New for 2019, BUNAC’s Work Canada Young Professionals programme enables those with a job offer in Canada to work for up to 24 months.

What is the Young Professionals work permit?

The Young Professionals visa category is an employer specific work permit for those who have a job offer in Canada prior to arriving. It also enables those who have already been to Canada on an IEC working holiday visa to return to Canada to work for up to 24 months. If you’ve secured an offer of employment with a Canadian employer, let BUNAC assist you with obtaining a Young Professionals work permit for up to 24 months! 

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is eligible to apply for the programme

To be eligible to apply to the programme, you’ll need to hold a UK passport and be aged between 18-35.

How long can I work in Canada on the Young Professionals visa

You can participate for up to a maximum of 24 months, however most employers generally offer employment contracts for around 12 months.

What type of work qualifies for the visa

Your job offer must be classified as a National Occupational Classification (NOC) code level 0, A or B as listed as here.  All work needs to be paid and voluntary positions are not suitable for this type of visa.

Does my job offer need to be related to my degree

No – your job offer does not need to be directly related to your studies. It does need to be classified as a National Occupational Classification(NOC) code level 0, A or B. Call the team on 0333 999 7516 to check if your job offer is suitable.

Can I complete my placement year in Canada on the Young Professional programme

Yes, you can complete the programme as part of a placement year providing your specific university can confirm the job offer qualifies.

Why do I need to apply through BUNAC to participate

The Young Professional visa category is only available through Recognised Organisations (RO’s) of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). BUNAC work with SWAP Working Holidays. Together we’ll assist you with providing the correct documents and authorising letter needed to apply to the Young Professionals scheme with the Canadian Government.

I've already had an IEC working holiday visa. Can I apply for a Young Professionals visa?

Yes! If you've already participated in the IEC working holiday programme you can apply for a Young Professionals visa. You would need to have secured a job offer with a Canadian employer and meet the other visa eligibilty requirements to benefit from returning to Canada to work for up to 24 months on the Young Professionals visa.

Have an offer of employment?

Check out programme inclusions and costs here and get started with your application.

Ready for the trip of a life-time?

Get Started
Back to Top