J - 1 Visa

Internship USA full placement Is now closed for 2019.

Email me when Internship USA full placement opens

J-1 Visa 

You will be working under a J -1 intern visa, which gives interns and trainees the opportunity to gain international experience in the US – giving you invaluable experience that will help advance your career back home.

To apply, you must fulfil the following requirements:  
  • Be aged 18-38
  • Your internship must be related to your past work / study experience
  • Apply for your visa from outside of the United States
  • Have sufficient support funds (varies depending on internship duration)

You can apply for one of two Intern and Trainee visas if you meet the criteria below: 

Types of Visa

Intern Visa Requirements

Trainee Visa Requirements

Be a current full-time degree level student outside of the US or have graduated within the last 12 months.

You should be at least halfway through your degree programme before beginning your internship.

Have a degree and one years' work experience in the field you are wishing to train in.


Your internship must be related to your academic field of study.

Have one years' full time work experience related to your field of study and the traineeship.

Ready for the trip of a life-time?

Get Started
Back to Top

Ask us a question - we love to chat!

Contact Information

BUNAC Travel Services
Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane
London, W8 6TA
Phone: 033 3999 7516


Stay posted on everything BUNAC

How would you like to hear from us?

To give you the best online customer experience, we would like to pass your data onto third parties, such as Facebook and Instagram. Are you ok for us to pass your data onto 3rd parties? *