Water Sports Counselor
Book your Summer Camp USA experience today!APPLY NOW
Teaching Water Sports at Summer Camp
Teaching Water Sports at an American Summer Camp means you'll develop and enhance children's confidence, skill and proficiency over the summer, all while getting to practice the sports you love.
Most camps are set around a beautiful lake, and some of the most popular activities are on the waterfront. Whether it's canoeing, kayaking, sailing, wake-boarding, water skiing or windsurfing, there's plenty of opportunities to spend your days on the water.
What are the benefits of being a Water Sports Instructor?
- You'll get to spend the summer practicing and teaching your favorite sports
- You'll create an unbreakable bond with your campers, becoming their friend, teacher, support system and ultimate summer hero
- Experience a unique slice of American culture
- Gain leadership, adaptability, communication, confidence and independence skills - and more for your resume
- Earn up to $1,850 for the summer
What experience do I need to be a Water Sports Instructor?
You don't have to be Sir Steve Redgrave - for many camps a passion and experience of water sports is enough. However, be sure to tell us if you do have any specific qualifications as this will help strengthen your application (and for some positions, such as Boat Driver, you will need these). It's also good to note that some camps like their waterfront staff to arrive at camp early to take part in special training.
Other key attributes camps will be looking for are:
- Hard working
- Fun and enthusiastic
- Ability to balance the fundamentals of teaching skills and safety