Work New Zealand IEP Visa

Book your Work New Zealand experience With a £100 deposit today!

Book Online

The 2019 IEP visa programme has now sold out!

Still interested? Sign up to our 2019 IEP waitlist and we'll be in touch when an IEP visa becomes available.

If you’re up to 35 years old or have already used your Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand, then the IEP programme is for you. Including the in demand IEP Visa - exclusive to BUNAC - this is the only programme in the UK which will allow you to have a year long working visa outside of the normal Working Holiday Visa. 

Even better, on top of the IEP Visa, this programme also provides year long in-country support, access to an online job board and the chance to book onto one of our Group Flights.

At a Glance



Trip Notes



  • IEP Visa, exclusively for those that have already had a Working Holiday Visa or those that are up to the age of 35

In the UK

  • Pre departure planning and visa support
  • Opportunity to book a Group Flight to Auckland with a Hong Kong stopover
  • Insurance booking service through Endsleigh insurance
  • Work New Zealand handbook
  • New Zealand Lonely Planet guide book
  • Travel advice and support in the run up to your trip. 

In New Zealand

  • Two nights' hostel accommodation in Auckland
  • 12 months' access to our dedicated working holiday resource centre in Auckland - a great way to meet like-minded travellers
  • Comprehensive arrival orientation
  • Detailed job hunting presentation
  • 12 months access to the Online Members Lounge with job listings
  • Accommodation listings
  • Bank account and IRD (tax) number
  • Unlimited internet access in the Auckland Resource Centre
  • New Zealand SIM card
  • Mail holding and forwarding service
  • Luggage storage - $30 per month
  • Organised social events including pub meets, BBQs and movie nights - great ways to meet even more people!
  • Travel desk providing discounts on tours and activities
  • 24 hour emergency hotline
  • Helpful and friendly staff who are passionate about travel! They understand what it's like to arrive in a new country with a head full of questions and will make you feel welcome. They absolutely love New Zealand and will want you to feel the same.


How long can I stay and work for?

You can stay in New Zealand from 1 - 12 months. On the IEP visa you can work for up to 12 months.

What sort of work can I do?

On the IEP visa you can work in any job / indsutry. When you arrive in New Zealand you will have a welcome orientation where we will help you with job hunting.

What are the age limits?

This visa has to be issued between the ages of 18 - 35, however, you may enter New Zealand while aged 36 as long as the visa is issued while you're 35. 

I've already had a Working Holiday Visa for New Zealand, can I also have an IEP Visa?

Yes, you can. The IEP visa allows you to experience New Zealand for a second full year. 

Can I bring my partner/spouse or dependent?

No. This is an individual visa. 

What support funds do I need?

You will need to show your supports funds twice throughout the process;

a) when applying for the visa - you'll need $4200.
b) when I arrive in New Zealand - you'll need $4200
How long will I have to enter New Zealand once my visa is issued?

Once your visa is issued you will have up to 6 months to enter New Zealand to activate your visa.

Ready for the trip of a life-time?

Get Started
Back to Top