Book your Work in Canada experience with a $450 deposit today!

Book Online

Canadian Work Permit

The IEC work permit is perfect for working and traveling your way around Canada. 

Are you eligible for the IEC Work Permit?




18 – 35

Support funds You will need to prove you have access to $2500 on entry to Canada
Do I need to be in my home country to apply? We recommend US citizens being in the US during the time of application; otherwise it can take a long time to process the visa application. 
How long can I stay? 1-12 months with option to renew for a 2nd year
How long can I work? 1-12 months for one or more employer, with option to renew for a 2nd year 
What sort of work can I do? You can do any kind of work in Canada on the working holiday visa category during your stay, but if you want to work with children, teaching or in the health fields you will need to have a Canadian approved medical.
Do I have to pre-arrange work? No
How much does the visa cost? 2016 cost: CAN $150 + CAN $100 Open Work Permit Fee
How do I apply for the visa? Via an online application on the IEC website
How many visas can I have in a lifetime? 2
When do I need to apply for a visa? US citizens can apply for a Canadian visa at any time, however the application usually closes around October or November
Can I apply for a visa now? The visa application is now open for 2017

If you have any questions about a Working Holiday Visa in Canada please call us on 866-220-7771.

Contact Information

585 N Juniper Drive
Suite 250, Chandler
AZ, 85226
Phone: 866 220 7771


Stay posted on everything BUNAC

Ask us a question - we love to chat!

© 2016 BUNAC Travel Services.

Your Financial Protection. The travel packages on this website are provided by STA travel and are protected by the Civil Aviation Authority. STA Travel’s ATOL number is ATOL 3206. Please see our booking conditions for more information. ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services shown on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking.

The BUNAC® logo and many of the programme names on this website are registered trademarks in the USA, the United Kingdom and in other jurisdictions. Company registration number: 1391030. Trading as BUNAC Travel Services Limited, Priory House, 6 Wrights Lane, London, W8 6TA.