Your volunteer programme

It will be your responsibility to organise your visa for your project in the US. Typically, volunteers apply for a 90 day ESTA tourist visa in adavance. For more information, please visit fco.gov.org.uk


Depending on programme availability, we will be able to place you and a friend or partner in the same volunteer project. You will be part of an international group of volunteers from all around the world.

As a BUNAC volunteer you will need to send proof of insurance for your whole trip. BUNAC works with Endsleigh insurance who offer a taylored policy for working and volunteering abroad.

You will be able to organise your own travels before and after your project. Just let BUNAC know about your plans and we can help you.

Yes, all volunteer projects are outdoors and the weather can be unpredictable at any time of the year. Project descriptions are always subject to change.