Volunteer Costa Rica is now closed for 2016.
Check out what you will be doing on our 10 week multi- project trip in Costa Rica!
Stunning sandy beaches, sunsets, surfing and nesting turtles, yes that’s your home for the next 3 weeks! After spending a couple of days acclimatising in Costa Rica’s bustling capital, San Jose, you’ll head to this luscious Pacific coastline in Matapalu where you begin your 6 week project.
Teaming up with your new found friends and fellow volunteers from all over the world, you’ll embark on a once in a lifetime turtle conservation and local community support project taking part in a variety of tasks:
• Protect the eggs and hatchlings of endangered Olive Ridley and Green sea turtles who visit the beaches by night
• Daily beach patrols in search of nesting turtles. You’ll tag and record sightings as you go as well as transferring their eggs into a safe hatchery.
• Care for and monitor hatching turtles
• Construct a new nursery for hatchlings ready for the breeding season
• Carry out community beach clear ups and teach English to students aged 7-18.
It’s time to head inland to the magical Monteverde Cloud forest. Cut off from the Pacific coast and linked only by dirt tracks this place is prized for its ecosystem. Swapping the crystal blue seas with vibrant green rainforest this phase will be a total cultural immersion where you can really get chance to impact a community!
Projects include a range of conservation and educational initiatives:
• Improve trails and signage to the village
• Surveying flora and fauna on day a night hikes
• Live with a local family
• Aid agricultural conservation
• Anti-poaching patrols
• Create posters, games and murals for the children
• Help with creative community projects.