Book your Marine Internships Mexico experience with a £750 deposit today!
The first 12 weeks will be spent in the idyllic Seychelles where you will undergo the expedition stage of your internship; conducting coral and fish research whilst developing your dive skills. Your work here is crucial in collecting data for the future of the marine eco system.
Each week you will have a one to one with your mentor allowing you to measure your progress in preparation for your work placement. After successful completing you`re expedition stage you will travel to Thailand and spend 12 weeks on an unpaid placement in a local dive school in the Phang Nga area. Its here you will gain professional qualifications ( PADI Divemaster), practice leadership scenarios and help dive centre staff with the day-to-day running of the dive shop. After the internship you may be offered paid or unpaid work with your new qualifications.
You will spend your first 12 weeks undergoing an extensive training programme, developing your dive skills and advancing your knowledge of the marine ecosystem. Interns can expect to carry out 1 to 2 dives/snorkels per day. Alongside this you will be;
• Compiling crucial research on coral reef and fish species.
• Getting involved in other area initiatives including marine debris surveys and removal
• Getting involved in environmental education sessions in the local community.
During your first 12 weeks in the Seychelles you will be conducting crucial research on the marine ecosystem in the Seychelles. Our local partners working with several local non-governmental organisations and the Seychelles Ministry of Environment, are working on the following priorities;
• Coral reef monitoring and recovery research
• Whale shark migration observations
• Invertebrate fisheries surveys
• Education of local partners
• Sea turtle nesting surveys
All this data is used by the Seychelles government when creating new management policies.