Summer Camp Canada Costs and Inclusions
Book your Summer Camp Canada Costs and Inclusions experience with £ 39 today!BOOK NOW
Summer Camp Canada Costs
We've broken down the Summer Camp Canada costs and what exactly is included:
|Program / Visa Costs||Cost|
|Program fee*||£360 / $475 / €420|
|Returner Program fee*||£299 / $395 / €349|
|Employer Specific Work Permit||CAD $155|
|IEC Working Holiday Visa||CAD $250|
*there is a late fee of £50 / €60 if you book on to Summer Camp Canada after the 1st March
|Other Costs to Consider||Cost|
|Bio-metrics Appointment Fee (required for both visa types)||CAD $85|
|Flights to Canada||BUNAC is part of the STA Travel family, so are well placed to help you book your flights. You can get a quote here.|
|Physician's completed Health History Form||Varies|
|Accommodation costs in your arrival city prior to Camp||Varies|
|Canadian First Aid Certificate (some Camps require staff to obtain these in their arrival city, and if so BUNAC will help to set them up for you||Costs vary between approx CAD $85 - CAD $155|
- Confirmed placement at Camp
- Up to 10 weeks insurance coverage
- Room and board whilst at Camp
- Earn a set stipend (varies according to age, experience and qualifications, but you can expect to earn during your 8-10 week contract: $1,400-$1,800 as Camp Counselor and $1,800- $2,100 CAD as Support Staff)
- Help and Information regarding Work Permit and Visa Requirements
- Canadian Social Insurance Number (upon arrival in Canada you will receive instructions on how to obtain a Social Insurance Number that will allow you to work legally in Canada - this is an easy process!)
- 24 hour emergency support from friendly and experienced staff
- Simple online application form
- Cultural exchange (you will have a unique opportunity to learn about other cultures as well as sharing your culture and unique skill sets with other campers and staff)
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of visa do I need?
You can work at a camp in Canada either on an IEC Working Holiday visa (which will allow you to live and work in Canada for up to 24 months) or by applying for an Employer Specific Work Permit. Read more on our visas page.
How much does the Employer Specific Work Permit cost?
The Employer specific work permit costs $155 CAD (some charitable/religious Camp placements are exempt from this fee). You will also need to pay for a biometrics fee ($85) on arrival in to Canada. The documentation is prepared online after you are placed at a Camp and you will present the paperwork for approval at the Canadian airport you fly into. More information on this process will be provided once you're placed.
Do I have some time after Camp to travel in Canada?
Your employer specific work permit is valid for the dates of your employment. Once your contract at Camp has finished, you will need to leave Canada. For travel opportunities after Camp, you will be able to head over to the US as a tourist. You will be able to leave and re-enter Canada as a tourist (ETA) if you wish to travel in Canada once your placement has finished.
Where will my Camp placement be based?
Camps are based Canada-wide, however the majority of BUNAC participants will be placed in Ontario. Most camps are based within a few hours of your arrival city.