Rock Climbing and Ropes Counselor
Book your Summer Camp USA experience today!APPLY NOW
Teaching Ropes & Climbing at Summer Camp
Teaching Ropes & Climbing at an American summer camp means you'll develop and enhance children's confidence, skill and proficiency over the summer, all while getting to practice the sport you love.
Camps may have a range of ropes and climbing courses - from rustic high beams and climbing walls, to adventurous high ropes and team building low ropes. It's a great activity which is popular with campers of all ages.
What are the benefits of being a Ropes & Climbing Instructor?
- You'll get to spend the summer practicing and teaching your favorite sports
- You'll create an unbreakable bond with your campers, becoming their friend, teacher, support system and ultimate summer hero all in one.
- Experience a unique slice of American culture
- Gain leadership, adaptability, communication, confidence and independence skills - and more for your resume
- Earn up to $1,850 for the summer
What experience do I need to be a Ropes & Climbing Instructor?
You don't have to be a professional rock climber - for many camps a passion for and experience of ropes and climbing is enough. However be sure to tell us if you do have any specific qualifications in this field, as this will help strengthen your application.
Other key attributes camps will be looking for are:
- Fun and enthusiastic
- Ability to balance the fundamentals of teaching skills and safety