COVID-19 Work Abroad Update - Japan
How to apply for your Japan visaFind out more
COVID-19 Work Abroad Update - Japan (updated 17/11/2020)
The Work Japan programme is open, and you can travel to Japan on a working holiday visa.
Visa applications / processing
- You can book a visa appointment at your local embassy
- You will be required to have a pledge letter for your visa appointment if you are looking to travel to Japan soon. This letter will be provided by our in-country partners. This holds them responsible for ensuring you follow all the COVID-19 quarantine rules on arrival, in addition to supporting you through your entire stay in Japan.
- For UK nationals there will be additional visa application documents required by the embassy. There is an extra fee of £180 for this. We only expect this fee to be in place whilst there are additional application measures for the visa application and pledge letter requirement.
Entry into Japan
- Japan borders are open for working holiday makers and you can travel as soon as you have your working holiday visa.
- You will need to show a negative PCR COVID-19 test 48 hours prior to travel (at an additional cost to you)
- You will need a negative test on arrival to Japan
- You will need to quarantine for 15 nights on arrival. Our partners have located a hotel within 5 minutes of our Tokyo support centre ( Approx £375 - £400 for the 15 nights)
- You will need to have a private transfer to the hotel (Narita approx. £90 / Haneda £40)
What if my programme gets cancelled or I can’t travel due to COVID-19?
Please see here for further information on our COVID-19 booking confidence policy.
I was due to go on the Work Japan programme in 2020 and this didn’t go ahead. What happens to my booking?
You can discuss your booking and review your options with one of our team. Please email them on email@example.com.
For more information on the Work Japan programme please see here.