START YOUR ADVENTURE FOR JUST
To give us enough to time find you the perfect internship, you will need to book no later than 4 months prior to the start date.
No, it is not competitive as we can accommodate all students who qualify. However because our partners customise your placement, they require several months to find you a suitable placement.
1) Apply with BUNAC and pay £100 deposit
2) Fill in an online application form and send off required supporting document including your CV, covering letter, two letters of reference, official transcript, and completed signature forms.
3) Once your application is complete, our partners will discuss your internship goals with you and you will pay a 2nd payment of £250 ( approx.). If we are unable to locate a placement (this rarely happens) we will refund the £250 payment.
4) Our partners will search for your perfect placement which typically takes 4-8 weeks. Once we have located a suitable placement, you will receive an offer letter. In order to accept that offer, you will need to make a third payment of£950 ( approx.)
5) Your final payment will be due 30 days prior to departure.
Yes. You will need a visa- this will be discussed with you by the BUNAC team.
Accommodation is all dependent on your work placement but it is most likely you will be staying in shared apartments or a homestay. However dependent on your placement location you may be in a hostel or university on-campus accommodation. You should expect a commute time of up to 60 minutes to/from your worksite.
Absolutely! With a 3 day weekend you will have plenty of time to enjoy everything Australia has to offer.
In-country staff will be available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week- in the case of an emergency.
You will typically intern 4 days a week for around 8 hours a day. You will meet your supervisor weekly, to discuss your internship. During your internship you will have defined projects and tasks to accomplish which will contribute to the company’s goals and objectives.
You will be assigned a specific placement supervisor at your internship. This supervisor will be from your placement company and they have agreed to provide you with meaningful work experience. It is unlikely you will be living with any other interns.
Once you have completed your internship you can plan to travel around your Australia, alternatively you can fly straight home.