A summer working in the States gets particularly tricky after you've graduated. We've come up with 10 excellent reasons why your trip will be out of this world by choosing our Work America programme.
1. Help with obtaining your J1 Visa: The most important part of getting to America for work is legally being able to do so. Our Work America experts help with any queries regarding your visa application and make sure it’s up to par before you submit your documents.
2. Job Zone: Securing work can be difficult without proper resources, which is why BUNAC’s Job Zone is the perfect way to find work before you set off. We regularly update the Job Zone with vacancies from companies all over the USA looking for students just like you. Getting your job sorted before you leave is certainly a weight off your shoulders, but many students still go over with their CV (or as they call it in America “resume”) in hand and go directly to the source to find their job.
3. Accommodation: Many of the companies in the Job Zone offer accommodation with their placements making it a quick and easy way to find work and a place to stay in a short period of time. For those of you who are looking at applying for jobs once in the USA, our New York office is there to help with the search.
4. Improve your CV: While we can help you prep your “resume” to find work in the USA, once you return, your CV will be booming with new travel, life and work experiences. These additions are exactly what many employers love to see and will put you ahead of the crowd in the job market.
5. No upper-age limit! As long as you are a full-time student you’re eligible to apply for the programme! Want to travel with a friend? As long as they qualify for the J-1 visa, you’re all set to travel together.
6. Lonely Planet Discounts: Make sure you know where you’re going and what to see when you get there the help of Lonely Planet books. BUNACers are entitled to a discount on all Lonely Planet guides so you’ll never miss out on the best events where ever you may roam.
7. Full support: With support for the full 4 months you’re in the USA including 24/7 emergency support, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride knowing we’ve got your back.
8. Extra travel time: Once your visa expires, you have up to 30 days to go ‘surfin’ USA!’ Get out and see the iconic sites from coast to coast. In New York? Get into the “Empire State of mind” by visiting Rockafeller Centre or the Statue of Liberty. Heading west? San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge or Arizona’s Grand Canyon will surely take your breath away.
9. Work wherever you want: Since the group flights touch down in New York, it is an ideal settling place for BUNACers, but many travellers will start out in NYC, before branching out to see what the rest of America has in store. Work America allows you to find you own job anywhere in the USA, so with a little planning, and ambition, you can work and explore America without breaking the bank.
10. Dedicated travel advisors: Bursting with questions before you head out? Our travel advisors are always on the end of the phone to soothe those last minute worries!
Does this sounds like the perfect adventure for you? Check out our Work America page for more details or give us a shout at 033 3999 7516 or email@example.com.